Trent Dementia Services Development Centre was founded in 2004 in Leicester. We began life as a member of a UK network of Dementia Services Development Centres.
Our key areas of activity have been: dementia care training, regional conferences, project work and the development of an innovative website www.atdementia.org.uk which was launched in 2007.
Trent Dementia moved to the Institute of Mental Health in Nottingham in 2014. In recent years we have been operating purely as a board of trustees with a reduced range of activity. However, we are now looking to once again expand our range of activities to promote innovation, empowerment and best practice.
If you would like to find out more or get involved, please contact us.
- Tom Dening, MA MD FRCPsych (chair)
- Simon Burrow, Senior Lecturer, BA (Hons), MA Social Work
- Michael Craven, Senior Research Fellow with NIHR MindTech
- Dr Karen Harrison Dening, RN, RMN, PhD
- Professor James Lindesay, DM, FRCPsych
- Dr Helen Pusey, Senior Lecturer, BA (Hons), RMN, MSc, PGDE, PhD
- Justine Schneider, PhD, Professor of Mental Health & Social Care, Research Fellow with the NIHR
- Kate Sartain (advisor)