Trent Dementia offers free leisurely guided health walks on Thursday mornings each month in Nottingham.
Guided walks with a trained leader for people affected by dementia in the East Midlands area. If you are living independently with dementia or are a family member or supporter, you are welcome to join us.
Members of the group were interviewed on BBC Radio Nottingham - listen here.
- Date: The first Thursday of each month
- Location: near the boat hire area in Highfields Park, off University Boulevard, Nottingham NG7 2RD - view map here
- Time: 11.30am
- Date: The second Thursday of each month
- Location: Stonebridge City Farm, Stonebridge Road, Nottingham NG3 2FR - view map here
- Time: 11.30am (or meet at Handel Road bus stop at 11.15am)
We take a short stroll at a gentle pace, for around an hour. After the walk, we have some refreshments at the café and for anyone interested we talk about and swap books.
You can walk at your own pace, join our friendly group, make new friends, and have some fun conversations, and even take some pictures if you are a bird watcher or a nature lover.
The walks are easily accessible by public transport, we can provide directions.
No walks on Bank Holidays.
You are responsible for your own safety. Please wear weather-appropriate shoes and clothes and bring refreshments if you need. In case you need support, you are welcome to come with your family member, supporter or carer.